Everyone Needs Love
It was wisely said, “everyone needs love, especially when they do not deserve it.” After watching the following video I would like to suggest “everyone needs a hug, even those we think do not need it.” Take 80 seconds and watch the following AMAZING video.
As we start a new year we need to be reminded that we all need to be loved. We all need to be hugged. In a world fearful of sexual abuse and harassment accusations let us not through the baby with the bath water. Let us not neglect to show appropriate affection, appropriation, and affirmation to our important and teachable people.
How do we do that? We all know what affections look like. Pastor and author Chuck Swindoll, says that:
- In appreciation, we express our respect for the person’s actions, activities and or accomplishments. If these activities impact us for good we may include them in thanksgiving.
- In affirmation, we admire a person’s character attributes. In this, we give the person a genuine compliment for who the person is regardless of what he or she does. This is far more powerful and relates to the person’s identity and self-worth as a reflection of God’s image.
What can you do?
As you start this New Year develop a new habit, everyday stop think, list and act:
- Who needs your hug? If in doubt ask, you may be surprised.
- Who needs your appreciation? Send them a thank you note, email or text
- Who needs your affirmation? Send them a compliment. One of the best ways to do this is to think of adjectives that describe the person.
Wise Words: “Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another” Romans 12:9,10 NKJV